Greenway Dental is now able to provide CEREC dental restorations!
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) is the most capable chair side dental CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) available today for dentists in their practices. CEREC system has been on the market for a good 30 years now and over 250 scientific studies have confirmed the clinical safety of tried and tested CEREC tooth restorations. Worldwide, more than 30 million tooth restorations have been produced with CEREC.
With CEREC, we can provide you with complex tooth-coloured restorations such as inlays, onlays, crowns and veneers in only one appointment. This is because the restoration is made on site via computer aided design and milling (making) of the restoration within the practice. This means that patients do not have to wait two weeks for a dental laboratory to make their crown/restoration; no wearing of temporary restorations which may fall of between dental visits; and best of all the CEREC Omnicam we have at Greenway Dental means that patients do not need to have messy impression materials or powders placed in their mouth.
Benefits of CEREC restorations Include:
• No waiting for laboratory work to be returned - restorations (crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers) can be completed in one visit
• Your dentist has complete control over the shape, contour and fit of the restoration
• No impressions using messy impression materials or powders, all the information is captured by the advanced camera technology, making the procedure a more comfortable alternative to traditional crown procedures
• No temporaries which can come off between appointments – the final restoration is placed in the one appointment
• CEREC restorations are made of ceramic, which is a strong and durable material that is metal free
• The resulting restoration is highly aesthetic as the material is tooth coloured and looks like natural teeth
• Long lasting restorations
The state of the art CAD/CAM technology of our CEREC means that the intra oral camera takes pictures and videos of the teeth and transfers this information to the CEREC computer where the dentist designs the restoration, selects a CEREC material block that fits the clinical indication and matches the colour of your teeth and wirelessly sends the restoration design to the mill for manufacture. At Greenway Dental we are using the best possible ceramic materials that are clinically-proven, such as feldspar/glass-ceramic and modern polymer-infiltrated hybrid ceramics. Once the restoration is completed it is bonded to the patient’s remaining tooth structure, creating an aesthetic and durable restoration.